Decoration Ideas – Chocolate-Dipped Apple Chips
1⁄2 cup sugar
1⁄2 cup water
1 cup chocolate
1. Peel, core and slice apples and brush with lemon juice.
2. Bring the sugar and water to a simmer until all the sugar has dissolved and the temperature hits 180F. Add the apple slices in the sugar syrup for about 30 seconds.
3. Remove apple slices from the syrup and arrange in a single layer on a Silpat.
4. Dry on a very low temperatrure (180F) overnight.
5. Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
6. When melted, dip half the apple in the chocolate and leave to dry.
Cinnamon-Dipped Apple Chips
As above, but add a cinnamon stick to the chocolate when melting.