Decoration Ideas – Chocolate-Dipped Coconut Chips
1 fresh coconut
1 cup chocolate callets
1. Pierce coconut and drain.
2. Bake the coconut at 350F for about 15–30 minutes, until the shell cracks. Split coconut in half.
3. Using a sharp knife, prise the coconut loose from the shell. Using a mandoline, thinly slice the coconut.
4. Layer the coconut slices onto a baking sheet and dry overnight at 175F.
5. Melt chocolate over a double boiler.
6. When melted, dip half the coconut slice in the chocolate and leave to dry.
Banana Chocolate Coconut Chips
As above, but add 1 tsp of banana flavour to the chocolate when melting.